Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first ever blog post

Welcome to my first ever blog! Even as I write this I am still anxiously awaiting to hear about my garden plot placement in the Fenway Victory Gardens, which should be finalized soon! Like many people this year I had a desire to have my own vegetable garden. However, without a deck, yard, window box, stoop or even enough sun to grow herbs, community gardening is my only option. As I found out at the 34th Annual Gardeners Gathering, community gardening is on the rise. The economic crisis and push for people to live more sustainably have made gardens throughout Boston have waiting lists long before the snow ever melted. Luckily there is an enormous amount of community gardens in the Boston metro area.

My goal for this blog is to keep a running diary of my community garden experience, ranging from my current planning process to gardening tips I learn to photos of all my hopeful vegetables! Enjoy!

No comments: