Monday, September 12, 2011

Harvest Monday - All About Tomatoes



Tomato production is coming to a sad end.  The plants are very brown and skimpy.  They no longer provide a barrier to the busy street traffic, as I can see right through them when I pull into my driveway.  However, harvests are not finished yet! I picked 20 Grafted  Heirloom San Marzano tomatoes tonight!  They are not perfect or all completely ripe, but they will still be great for salsa or sauces.  With close to 80 tomatoes between the two plants, they provided about 80% of my total tomato harvest this season. 

The three days of drenching rain we had last week did not help conditions either, having barely recovered from Irene.

I still expect to harvest some tomatillos (if I can find/get to them) and have some great looking eggplants growing.

No comments: