Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Official!!

Let the planning begin! I officially have a community garden plot!! I picked it out today from a few plots that became available. I have a lot of clean up to do to make it a workable plot but it is pretty big, is sunny, and gives me a great view of the Pru!! Now I am trying to wrap myself around what I need to - and it is quite a bit...weed, measure, weed, create final garden plan, weed, build the raised beds, weed, repair fences and then finally...plant! However, I don't have a lot of time this week to get things in motion-aside from starting to weed!

I have decided that I am going to look to the All New Square Foot Gardening book by Mel Bartholomew for inspiration - in addition to a few 'companion gardening' tips. More to come!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I bought Mel's new book too! It's such a great reference book. I'm constantly looking up stuff.

A few years ago, I bought his original book on ebay. It was published in 1981 and kind of reads like a text book. That's a great book to have too! I have little stickies all around the edges that I use as reference tabs.