Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book Review: Farm City-The Education of an Urban Farmer


This winter, during a brief stroll through a local bookstore, a book title caught by eye - Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer by Novella Carpenter. As I am not one to buy a lot of books, I immediately requested it from my local library!

I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in food, gardening, farming or wanting a good laugh! Novella's amazing memoir will inspire any city dweller with her 'anything is possible' attitude as she transforms a vacant lot in an Oakland (California) ghetto into a FARM - with geese and rabbits and bees - oh my!

To follow Novella's current adventures (and about her new book due out in early 2011) visit: http://ghosttownfarm.wordpress.com/

I also found out that there was a Boston Globe article last summer!

No comments: